Figuring out how to sell your Utah home and packing everything up to move can be a stressful situation. A lot of thought and planning goes into it, and several decisions have to be made.
If you need to move quickly, it’s important to be aware of what all of your selling options are. Here are a few to know about and a comparison between them all.
Selling Through a Realtor
One of the most common ways of selling your home is going through a real estate agent. The nice thing is that they’re knowledgeable in their field and you won’t have to worry about doing much! However, they will charge fees that come out of the sale.
Here are some pros and cons to think about when working with a realtor.
- Having an expert in real estate on your side
- You won’t have to negotiate by yourself
- Realtors are able to network & are aware of buyers and sellers
- You’ll have to pay commissions and real estate fees
- You’re stuck being the middle-man
- Unknown timeline of how fast the home will sell
Selling by Owner
One of the biggest benefits of selling by owner is that you won’t have to worry about paying realtor fees and commissions. However, you’ll have to deal with doing more paperwork on your own. Here are some more pros and cons to think about:
- No commission fees
- You have more control over the sale
- You can show your home from an owner’s perspective
- Can be a slower sale
- Lack of real estate knowledge
- You’ll have to negotiate and deal with more paperwork
Selling to a Cash Home Buyer
There are many situations where selling to a cash home buyer may be the best fit for you. For example, if you are going through bankruptcy and don’t have the funds to fix up your home, a cash buyer could buy it from you as-is. However, this isn’t for everyone, so take a look at some of the pros and cons below.
- You can sell your home as-is
- You can sell on your timeframe
- Don’t have to worry about repairs
- You won’t have to worry about doing an open house
- There are no fees
- The offer may be less than what you want
As you can see, there are several options to think about when selling your home, but it all comes down to your situation and timeline. If you don’t have a lot of time to sell your home, a cash buyer may be the best route to take.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us at 801-939-0123 or fill out the form below. We will contact you as soon as possible and give you our honest opinion about your home sale!